Sunday, October 13, 2013

Denim & leather patchwork: customize your jeans

Hello my dear DIYers!!

Today's DIY is a little bit risky, I'm aware of that fact. I know you guys might love it, or might hate it... Who knows? I personally love the way it turned out, it's been a useful DIY for me to renovate my favorite jeans. I loved the way they fit but they were a little bit worn out, so I decided to use them in this fashion experiment. Thus I made my first project with jeans, can you guys believe it? I've DIYed almost every type of garment, but this is my first time with jeans... Hope you guys like it!

If you've ever used a sewing machine, it won't be difficult for you to follow up this tutorial. However, this DIY takes a little time, so I advise you to use a pair of jeans you really like on you. Otherwise you won't make the most of your new-old jeans. On the other hand, I advise you to use good quality materials, because the result depends on that. I used real leather and thick denim.

When it comes to the design, I wanted to make asymmetric and random shapes, different on each leg. This is a very useful tip if you are not an experimented seamstress: it's always better to do something intentionally irregular, than trying to make it symmetrical, because flaws will be more evident. Would you like to know how to make this jeans? Just play the video!

As you know my videos are in Spanish, although I think the process can be seen very clear in the video and it doesn't really need an explanation. If there's anything you don't understand, just ask! I'll be pleased to answer all of your doubts. By the way, I'm seriously thinking of starting an English Youtube channel, would you guys be interested on watching my videos in English?

Original jeans: Levi's Curve ID
What do you guys think? Would you dare to make this DIY? How would you adapt it to your style?

xxx

If you like my DIYs, please share it with your friends on your social media. Thanks for your support!
Compartir en Topic 

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! I've linked to your tutorial over at Craft Gossip:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-add-leather-and-denim-patchwork-knees-to-your-jeans/2013/10/14/
    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. normally I'm not a fan of patches on jeans, but these look so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your article specially your writing style keep it up. I read your your all work. Entire post really Awesome. Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. Now it's time to avail HALFCASTE CREAM SET for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...