Sunday, February 26, 2012

The best DIY of the week

Hi Everyone! It's been a short time since I started this project, but I have received so much support and encouragement. Thank you guys!

Today I'm starting a new section in which I'll show you the best DIY project of the week from the blogger world. To choose the winner DIY I'll bear in mind these criteria :
_Applicability: is it easy for people to follow up?
_Is it impressive? Is it innovative, surprising and cool?
_Technique and result: How is the result compared to the trend it was inspired by?


This week I loved the project of B a la Moda inspired by a shirt that Giovanna Battaglia wore. She is a stylist and fashion icon. I think this DIY is great because it's based on contrasting styles, as it mixes a striped classic shirt with overelaborated crystal beads. The video is in spanish but you'll easily understand this DIY just watching the images.


I found another version of this DIY on Everything Fab made of independent beads. 



If I had to choose, I would go for Everything Fab's technique, as I think the result looks more similar to the original shirt. However, I think this is a harder work and it is more difficult for people to follow up. Anyway... I think the colors and the shirt that B a la Moda used look much better, I definitely hate   checked shirts.

From my point of view, this is a great DIY, simply brilliant. I'll probably do my own version of this someday. What about you? Do you Dare to Do This Yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...